If you are considering switching to a phone running the Android OS, we recommend using Gmail for all your email, and forwarding your business/personal email accounts to Gmail.
- To forward your email account to Gmail, login to CPanel, and go to the Forwarders icon. Or contact Krohnert.net Consulting for assistance.
- Go to http://www.gmail.com on your computer, and log in with your Gmail email address and password.
- Click Settings in the top-right corner of the window.
- Click Accounts and Imports in the top nav bar.
- Click the Send mail from another address button.
- Ensure your name is displayed how you wish when you send mail from this account, type the email address you want mail sent from on your phone, and then click Next Step.
- Select “Send through (your domain) SMTP servers”, and then click Next Step.
- Type mail.(yourdomain).com (or .org) in the SMTP server field.
- Select 25 from the Port drop-down field.
- Type your full email address in the username field and your password in the Password field.
- Click Add Account.
- You will receive a verification email to the email address you added. Click on the link in the email or type the code in the field on the screen and click Verify.
- After verifying your email address, go back to the Settings -> Accounts and Imports page, and click “make default” next to the email address you want mail sent from on your phone.
Your email is now being forwarded to Gmail, which will push your messages to your Android phone. Gmail, both on the computer, and on your phone, are now configured to send email from the email account you added.