You can use Gmail to download your email from our server and use Gmail instead of a desktop email program, like Outlook or Outlook Express.
To configure Gmail to fetch your POP email accounts:
- In Gmail, go to Settings in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click the Accounts & Imports tab, and find the Check mail using POP3 section.
- Click Add a POP3 email account.
- A pop-up window will appear. Type the email address you want to check, and then click Next Step.
- In the username field, type your full email address. In the password field, type your password.
- You can select the option to label incoming messages if desired, and choose a label for them. You can also optionally choose to Archive the messages (skipping the Inbox). Do NOT select the option to leave a copy on the server – that will fill up your mailbox on our server.
- Click Add Account.
- Select “Yes, I want to be able to send mail as (your email address), and then click Next Step.
- Ensure your name is displayed how you wish when you send mail from this account, and then click Next Step.
- Select “Send through (your domain) SMTP servers”, and then click Next Step.
- Type mail.(yourdomain).com (or .org) in the SMTP server field.
- Select 25 from the Port drop-down field.
- Type your full email address in the username field and your password in the Password field.
- Click Add Account.
- You will receive a verification email to your email address. Locate the email message in Gmail, and click on the link in the email or type the code in the field on the screen and click Verify.
Gmail is now configured to fetch the email from the account you setup. And after you verify the account in step 15, you will now have an option when you send email to choose the appropriate sending account in the From drop-down list. If you want to set your custom email address as your default FROM address, after verifying, go back to the Settings -> Accounts and Imports page, and click “make default” next to the email address you want mail sent from by default.